I remember the days when I could sit down and post hundreds of free ads on Craigslist in just a few minutes using automation software. Unfortunately, those days were short lived…
Today Craigslist’s security features, anti-spam monitors and filters pretty much make it impossible to attain those levels of effective posting without very expensive solutions. You would need a constant supply of phone verified accounts and dozens of fresh IP addresses to cycle through… Just not feasible for most marketers.
The good news is… You can still get some great results using Craigslist! …Without spending more than a few minutes per day.
While most who try to ‘game’ Craigslist to build their MLM business are wasting their time posting ads that get “Ghosted” 10 minutes later… There are others that are Killing It!
Here’s EXACTLY what you need to do to start collecting very cheap leads, get sales and new team members on Craigslist…
Step 1: Create an ad that is extremely congruent with your offer.
The best way to do this is to simply take a screen-shot of a high-converting capture page for your business. (See image on right). You can easily do this using a free tool like Jing.
Quick Tip: If you don’t already know how to capture screen shots… it’s a skill you need to learn now. I use it almost daily. 🙂
Step 2: Modify the screen shot image to induce a click.
You will want to remove any part of the image (such as opt-in box) that does not make sense for a Craigslist ad. You can also add elements like arrows or a button to enhance the ‘clickability’ of your ad (see image on left). This can all easily be done using free image editing tools like Pixlr.
Once you like your ad image… simply upload it to a free image hosting service like Photobucket, and save the direct image URL so it’s handy for the next step.
Quick Tip: When it comes to Craigslist ads… often less is more. I would stay away from using images with too much information. 🙂
Step 3: Post your ad.
Now here’s the key!… You need to post your ad as a paid ad. Posting a paid ad on Craigslist bypasses many levels of scrutiny, and will allow you to get your ad in front of people that will never see the free ads that your competition is posting.
…And a well placed ad for only $25 can net you a lot of high-quality leads, that turn into sales!
Here’s what you need to know when posting your ad:
- You will need a phone verified Craigslist account, but it’s free and you can post in more than just your local area with the same account without getting flagged.
- Always post in large cities. The places where your ad will get seen. The top 5 cities on Craigslist based on traffic are San Fransisco, CA – sfbay.craigslist.org – 7.5%, New York, NY – newyork.craigslist.org – 6.6%, Los Angeles, CA – losangeles.craigslist.org – 5.6%, Seattle, WA – seattle.craigslist.org – 3.2%, Washington DC – washingtondc.craigslist.org – 3.0%.
You can see that those 5 above cities still leave a lot of traffic for many more major markets that you can choose from.
- For your title, use something that grabs attention, but does not look spammy (Example: “Earn high commissions per sale!”). You should refrain from using funky symbols in your ad title… it really screams ‘spam’.
- The most relevant category on Craigslist for this type of ad is ‘Sales Jobs’, but feel free to test out other categories as well.
- When you post your ads, you’ll just post the html code for the image, them hyperlink that image to your real landing page. It should look something like this…
<a href="http://www.totalshortcut.com/cp1?id=logicblogger&ad=btmpost22814"><img src="http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p788/jonochs/craigslist-capture-page-img2_zpsd23ba328.png"></a>
Quick Tip: Once you’ve posted a few ads and they have expired, just log into your Craigslist account and re-post them. You can re-post old ads that have done well for you with just a couple clicks… saving you a lot of time. Also, I recommend that you use a tracking service so that you know exactly which ads are getting you results. There are a lot of tracking solutions out there, but ClixTrac is free to sign up.
One Final Thought… And Caution
If you’re a network marketer and you’re promoting the typical niche MLM product that pays a 5% – 12% commission… You are going to have a very hard time ever generating enough leads and getting enough sales to make any real money.
I highly suggest that you market something that will pay you at least an 80% commission and appeals to a mass market. The product that I’ve tested with this and many other marketing strategies pays out 100% of the money on a sale and gives us the ability to earn more than $5,000 per customer.
When you can turn leads into sales automatically with the ability to earn massive commissions, you can create an incredible business for yourself online. I highly encourage you to evaluate your (Lifetime Customer Value) and take a look at what we’re doing here.
I hope you enjoyed this post.. be sure to share it! …and if you think this is cool, wait till you see what strategies we share with on the inside!
To Your Freedom!
~ Jon Ochs